11.12.10

room decor

In case you didn't already notice, I'm really eclectic in my taste. I really do like a variety of styles! I had originally planned on decorating my room in vintage and bright colors, but just all the sudden changed my mind, and ended up with this. And I love it! Pretty simple, but that's the mood I'm in right now. And I think I really like not having any red in the room - it's a nice change. What do you think?

I *finally* found some hounds tooth fabric at Hobby Lobby. ( I've been looking forever for some!) Took me about 15 minutes to make these pillows yesterday - Am thinking of adding a button or gem in the middle so it's not so plain looking.
I also hung ornaments from the ceiling above my dresser on the other side of the room. (please pretend the stack of books isn't there... That's my to-be-read pile, and I forgot to remove it before I took a picture!)
So now my vintage ornaments are still sitting in their boxes. Now I need to come up with another idea for them....



5 comments:

  1. I think it looks really cute. Yes, I'd add something to the middle of the pillows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks lovely. I actually like how the stack of books looks on your dresser. & I love the hanging ornaments above your bed. I just came across your blog, it's neat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so glad you commented on my blog. im already in love with yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your room is the cutest!! I actually love the books piled up; they add such a charming effect to it all! You've got the loveliest blog! I am so glad to be a new follower! :) Looking forward to reading more of your pretty posts!

    P.S. thanks for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your lovely note!♥